background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Eli is 2


How time flies when you are having fun!  Eli turned 2 yesterday.  I would have written this post then, but we were too busy celebrating :)  I'll write about that later. 

 I know I have said it before, but oh man, does this little boy have my heart!!  

Today, I thought I would share some of my favorite things about Eli:

-Eli loves to sing.  He can pretty much pick up on any tune he hears right away.  He goes around singing constantly. And although you may not understand a single word he is saying, you can pick out the tune for sure

-Up until a couple of months ago, it always sounded like he was speaking in German.  He could pretty much talk to a wall, but it was definitely in German. LOL

-His smile can light up the room and warm up the coldest of hearts.

-As soon as he sees Cory he roars

-When he has done something wrong and you tell him to go apologize, he goes up to the person and leans his head in to them as if he is asking for a hug

-He loves his momma :)  I'm taking all the hugs and kisses I can get now.  I would seriously keep him this age forever!

-He loves to make you laugh.  When he does something to make you laugh, he likes to do it over and over again

-When we pray before meals, he gets really excited when we say "my food"

Simply put, he is amazing!

My prayer for Eli:
Dear God, Thank you for the responsibility and privilege of raising Your child.  I pray that you guide me with every step of the way.  Help me to teach and train him to be a follower of You.  I pray that you are already stirring in his heart and creating in him a desire to follow You.  I pray that You will use him in wonderful ways, a mighty warrior for You.  I pray that he will keep his joy and his engaging personality, and it will be because he has You in his life.  I pray that you are already molding him to be a wonderful Godly husband and father one day, and that you are already preparing a wife that he will lead one day.  Help Cory and I to be Godly examples to him of what a husband and wife should be to one another.  Thank you again for this precious gift.  In Jesus name I pray, amen




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails