Just as I have said before, I really want my kids to feel celebrated on their birthday. Christmas is Jesus' birthday, so we focus on Him. But on their birthdays, we celebrate them, a special person whom God knit together in my womb for a specific purpose!
So here is how we started the day:
Recognize these decorations from Landry's party. I promise you'll get to see them again for Eli's party. That's the benefit of using the same colors for both parties :) I put them up the morning of his birthday, just to make things feel festive.
In order to avoid a sugar-induced coma, we bypassed the birthday cake pancakes and just went with the traditional chocolate chip pancakes.
I don't think Eli minded one bit!
Throw the kids in a bed with balloons and they are more than satisfied. That is until the balloons run out.
We also celebrated with Eli's class. We brought special cupcakes.
Look at my little sweetheart! How could you not love that face??
Here is Eli's buddy, Mason. His hair is pure awesomeness!!
And here are Eli's other little friends enjoying cupcakes, or should I say icing.
Later that evening, we took a trip to Barnes and Noble where Eli loves to play on the train table. He even got a special package from Daddy containing a book with a special birthday note inside. It was an all around special day!










No comments:
Post a Comment